Highlighting the Walkout

Started by PrTim15, February 19, 2024, 10:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Stoffregen

Quote from: Tom Eckstein on March 07, 2024, 10:48:45 AM
Quote from: RDPreus on March 07, 2024, 09:16:25 AM
Quote from: John Mundinger on March 07, 2024, 08:06:41 AM
Quote from: RDPreus on March 06, 2024, 10:59:10 PMJesus's words are crystal clear.  Marriage is the lifelong union of one man and one woman.

Yet, you would commune a divorced/re-married person but would not commune a man living in a mutually committed relationship with another man.  And, we would all have to be eunuchs, preferably since birth, to be able to live in compliance with the Law, as you would interpret the Law, based on Matthew 19.

If a divorced and remarried man were penitent, I would commune him.  But a man who is having sex with another man with no repentance must be refused Communion.  Do you acknowledge that there is a difference between penitence and impenitence?  How does a man's commitment to a sinful relationship make it not sinful?

Rolf, Mr. Mundinger either DOES NOT or WILL NOT understand the distinction between someone who is repentant versus someone who is unrepentant.
What you do seem to understand is your double standard of repentance.

You indicate that repentance for a homosexual includes feeling sorry for engaging in same sex behaviors, to stop such behaviors and to annual the "marriage" with the same-sex partner.

But, repentance for heterosexuals in marriages with divorced people means feeling sorry for the divorce; but not for the adulterous behaviors of having sex with a divorced person; nor does repentance require them to end the marriage.

Why do you treat the sin of committing adultery with a divorced person and same-sex behaviors differently?

NOTE: I wrote my response before reading John's post stating much the same thing.
I flunked retirement. Serving as a part-time interim in Ferndale, WA.

Rev. Edward Engelbrecht

While on this theme, why not also consider Karl Barth's infidelity. Or, perhaps start a separate thread on the sexuality discussion?

https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2017/october-web-only/what-to-make-of-karl-barths-steadfast-adultery.html

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk