Howdy and Happy New Year

Started by GalRevRedux, January 04, 2024, 11:30:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalRevRedux

Every three or four months I like to pry into the Forum to see how you boys are doing. I see a few new names but mostly the same old gang. Reassuring and satisfying. (I am satisfied that staying away is the right decision!)

This year I celebrated the 40th anniversary of my ordination. I am still in the same part-time interim I have served since 9/15/19. No, I had not planned on staying so long. I have announced my retirement for July of 2024. I am ready and would like to enjoy, to the extent I can, whatever days of decent health are left to me.

Wishing you all a wonderful year ahead. Blessings to you.

Donna

A pastor of the North American Lutheran Church.

Revpeter

Happy New year to you as well Donna!
ELCA Pastor serving in NW Iowa

GalRevRedux

Dan Fienen

Good to hear from you again, and from close to my old stomping grounds. I was at Immanuel Lutheran, Danville from 2000 to 2012. Blessings on your ministry and impending retirement.
Pr. Daniel Fienen
LCMS

GalRevRedux

David Garner

Congratulations on the anniversary!  God grant you many years!
Orthodox Reader and former Lutheran (LCMS and WELS).

GalRevRedux

Donald_Kirchner

Good to hear from you, Pastor! Blessings on the new year!  :)
Don Kirchner

"Heaven's OK, but it's not the end of the world." Jeff Gibbs

RF

Thanks for dropping in.  Please do so often.  Best wishes and God's blessings to you for peace and good health now and after July. 

John_Hannah

Great to hear from you! Congratulations on reaching 40 years in the sacred ministry.

Merry Christmass (on the 11th Day of Christmas). And blessed new year.

Peace, JOHN
Pr. JOHN HANNAH, STS

Dave Benke

Good evening, Donna, and blessings to you all the way through 2024!

As thread topics here turn to or return to pastoral, congregational and life transitions, among other topics, I hope you will join in the conversation.  Your insights and wisdom would be most welcome!

Dave Benke
It's OK to Pray

Weedon

Happy new year, Donna. It's good to see you drop by the Forum again. I pray that the retirement proves to be a blessing to you!

J. Thomas Shelley

Forty years is a significant milestone.  Axios!

I reached that anniversary in terms of UMC Diaconal Ordination last June; my 40th of Seminary graduation will occur in May which I must necessarily miss because it will coincide with Orthodox Good Friday.
Greek Orthodox Deacon - Ecumenical Patriarchate
Ordained to the Holy Diaconate Mary of Egypt Sunday A.D. 2022

Baptized, Confirmed, and Ordained United Methodist.
Served as a Lutheran Pastor October 31, 1989 - October 31, 2014.
Charter member of the first chapter of the Society of the Holy Trinity.

GalRevRedux

How very kind you all are! And it is lovely to share a Christmassy moment with you.

I have been navigating the waters of widowhood with God's loving care, often manifested through my neighbors and colleagues.

Very happy to receive this warm welcome. Who knows, you may have set yourselves up for more frequent visits from me.

Blessings to you all!
Donna

Weedon

I was thinking last night of the richness we've lost by not hearing more here from you, from Marie, from Erma, from Eileen (may she rest in peace!).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk