Atlantic District Question...

Started by Rob Morris, November 21, 2022, 09:10:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob Morris

I have looked on the lcms.org and on the Atlantic District webpages without success, so I am asking here...

I just received a prayer email (somehow ended up on the AD email list) from "Bishop Dien Taylor", even though Derek LeCakes had just been re-elected. Has anything been communicated regarding this change?

Regardless of the cause, both the (now-former?) District President and the (current?) District President have my prayers.

BTW - I am looking for official communications, not over-the-fence reports... I have heard a couple of those already, but I have been hoping for something more appropriately-communicated.

John_Hannah

ROB,

23RD WEEKEND AFTER PENTECOST

Lamb of God, You take away the sin of the world; have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, You take away the sin of the world; have mercy on us.
Lamb of God, You take away the sin of the world; grant us peace.
(Lutheran Service Book, 163)

Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ, 

It is with a heavy heart that I write to you in my official capacity as Secretary of the LCMS Atlantic District and the Atlantic District's Board of Directors.

On November 11, 2022, our Board received notice that Rev. Derek G. Lecakes had resigned his position as President and Bishop of the LCMS Atlantic District.

Having met this morning, November 12, 2022, the Board of Directors has accepted this resignation.

The Board of Directors has created an Administrative Committee to conduct an investigation into the circumstances related to his resignation, including performing an audit of official use of funds, and to provide recommendations for consideration by the Board. 

In addition, per the guidelines of Synod through the Synod Handbook, the Board also wished God's blessings on The Rev. Dr. Dien Ashley Taylor who, as First Vice-President, becomes the District President/Bishop upon Rev. Lecakes' resignation.

The Board unanimously pledges prayers and support for Bishop Taylor and the Praesidium as they carry the burden of leadership during this time of transition as we together are "making disciples for life" by "Engaging the World with the Gospel of Hope."

Although that is all we can share at the moment, we shall offer updates as we are able and consider the matter to be of utmost importance for our District community.

Please join our Board in prayer for Rev. Lecakes and his family during this challenging time and Bishop Taylor and our District leaders as they continue the important work of our District.

In the peace of Christ,

Rob

Rev. Dr. Robert Hartwell
Secretary, Atlantic District of the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod
‌_____________________

Peace, JOHN
Pr. JOHN HANNAH, STS

Rob Morris

Thanks, John. As I said, both (and all the District) will continue to have my prayers.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk