What to anticipate Saturday

Started by Richard Johnson, August 11, 2007, 09:32:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Johnson

The agenda for Saturday begins with the final ballot for secretary, which should be reported almost immediately. We'll then move back to the sexuality memorials, for which 60 minutes has been allocated, and the hope from the leadership is that this might be finished this morning. Then:

Multicultural Ministries
Reference and Counsel report

This afternoon:
Bible study
Lutheran Disaster Response
Memorials (leftovers, including Israel/Palestine)
Lutheran Services in America
Blue Ribbon Committee recommendations
Amendments to constitution/bylaws.

As I stated, I'll have to leave before the afternoon session. There is to be a press conference at 12:30 or so, after worship, and I'm not sure if I can stay for that . . . we'll see how things are going.
The Rev. Richard O. Johnson, STS

Bergs

Thank you so much for your reporting.  Your descriptions and commentary are very helpful.  Certainly the pace has been and continues to be exhausting.  Those of us who are unable to attend welcome your very thorough job.   In fact you seem to be doing it more as a calling than as a job.

Grace & Peace
Brian J. Bergs
Minneapolis, MN
But let me tell Thee that now, today, people are more persuaded than ever that they have perfect freedom, yet they have brought their freedom to us and laid it humbly at our feet. But that has been our doing.
The Grand Inquisitor

Harvey_Mozolak

Richard, yes thanks.  Any real time notes on what is happening this morning might be even more helpful since the live feed is down and the captioned feed also... so if this is a very important session-- we are cut off from the assembly except from the thin written line that you and Charles represent.  Harvey Mozolak
Harvey S. Mozolak
my poetry blog is listed below:

http://lineandletterlettuce.blogspot.com

Pr. Jerry

Quote from: Harvey_Mozolak on August 11, 2007, 09:57:08 AM
Richard, yes thanks.  Any real time notes on what is happening this morning might be even more helpful since the live feed is down and the captioned feed also... so if this is a very important session-- we are cut off from the assembly except from the thin written line that you and Charles represent. 

Harvey, I am watching the "proceedings" right now via the streaming video.  Although I wish I wasn't...  Right now there is much procedural wrangling going on.  Pain in the...  well, posterior.

Pax Christi;
Pr. Jerry Kliner, STS

Harvey_Mozolak

Harvey S. Mozolak
my poetry blog is listed below:

http://lineandletterlettuce.blogspot.com

Christopher Miller

Quote from: Pr. Jerry on August 11, 2007, 10:02:13 AM
Quote from: Harvey_Mozolak on August 11, 2007, 09:57:08 AM
Richard, yes thanks.  Any real time notes on what is happening this morning might be even more helpful since the live feed is down and the captioned feed also... so if this is a very important session-- we are cut off from the assembly except from the thin written line that you and Charles represent.

Harvey, I am watching the "proceedings" right now via the streaming video.  Although I wish I wasn't...  Right now there is much procedural wrangling going on.  Pain in the...  well, posterior.

Pax Christi;
Pr. Jerry Kliner, STS

You know, the other word is scriptural (copyright Balaam). :D

EENGELBRECHT

Quote from: Bergs on August 11, 2007, 09:46:47 AM
Thank you so much for your reporting.  Your descriptions and commentary are very helpful.  Certainly the pace has been and continues to be exhausting.  Those of us who are unable to attend welcome your very thorough job.   In fact you seem to be doing it more as a calling than as a job.

Grace & Peace
Brian J. Bergs
Minneapolis, MN

Kudos, Richard.

In Christ,
EE

J. Thomas Shelley

Richard,

Let me also express thanks for your almost-live reporting.  Despite being in the Northeast corridor and only three miles from an Interstate highway I can only access the internet by dial-up or through a sattelite connection with a stringent Fair Access Policy; neither of which are able to support the webcast video.

I have complained to Churchwide that there should be audio-only and/or RSS caption feeds available but nobody listens or really cares what I think out in red-county flyover country.
Greek Orthodox Deacon - Ecumenical Patriarchate
Ordained to the Holy Diaconate Mary of Egypt Sunday A.D. 2022

Baptized, Confirmed, and Ordained United Methodist.
Served as a Lutheran Pastor October 31, 1989 - October 31, 2014.
Charter member of the first chapter of the Society of the Holy Trinity.

Pr. Jerry

WOW!  Bishop Landahl just popped-off.  Calling the ELCA CWA not hospitable... 

Sounded a little like Dr. Evil:  "C'mon throw me a frickin' bone..."

Pax Christi;
Pr. Jerry Kliner, STS

Pr. Jerry

The anger has finally come out in force.  This is where it gets interesting.

Pax Christi;
Pr. Jerry Kliner, STS

revklak

Quote from: Pr. Jerry on August 11, 2007, 10:57:02 AM
WOW!  Bishop Landahl just popped-off.  Calling the ELCA CWA not hospitable... 

Sounded a little like Dr. Evil:  "C'mon throw me a frickin' bone..."

Pax Christi;
Pr. Jerry Kliner, STS

I've had a few beers with him.... he never once said  "C'mon throw me a frickin' bone..."  but he did say he wanted to get paid "One MILLION Dollars!" ::)

JoshuaEM

Wow, I think that cwa just voted to ask bishops and synods to not follow our own procedures...

revklak

Quote from: ptmccain on August 11, 2007, 11:29:21 AM

The ELCA CWA has voted to suspend any/all disciplinary actions against any rostered worker in a same-gender mutual, chaste and faithful relationship.

If so,  we are sliding quickly down a slope we don't need

revklak

On the last resolution they didn't want to wait, now n E4 they do?

Christopher Miller

They got a bone.  Now next time they'll get the whole hog.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk