News:

Main Menu

Church during Vacation

Started by Rev. Edward Engelbrecht, August 28, 2021, 08:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I am:

A church worker who typically attends church while on vacation.
18 (69.2%)
A lay person who typically attends church while on vacation.
5 (19.2%)
A church worker who typically does not attend church while on vacation.
2 (7.7%)
A lay person who typically does not attend church while on vacation.
1 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Birkholz

It is our usual practice on vacation to attend the nearest LCMS church that has the Lord's Supper and uses the hymnal.  Sometimes this has meant driving an hour or more, but it's worth it.  I always contact the pastor in advance and offer to meet with him prior to the service.  There have been a few rare occasions when we have been camping in remote locations or travel arrangements make it impossible to get to a church, and so we just expand a bit on our family devotions that day. 

I think it's a good experience for pastors and other church leaders to be "guests" from time to time to be able to identify a bit with those who might visit our parish, as well as learning from different pastors and congregations.
Pastor Mark Birkholz
Zion Lutheran Church
Naperville, IL
www.zionnaperville.org

Timothy Schenks

I haven't ever been on a vacation except for when my grandparents took my brother and I with them on a trip to the Smoky Mountains when I was around twelve years old. The annual vacation was an alien concept to my family.

I remember visiting my great grandmothers on Easter or Christmas as a kid and we would attend their churches that day (Trinity Altenburg and Trinity Cape Girardeau).
LCMS Layman

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk