Monday Afternoon

Started by prsauer, July 22, 2019, 01:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prsauer

Quote from: Richard Johnson on July 22, 2019, 05:29:16 PM
Quote from: prsauer on July 22, 2019, 01:40:28 PM

With the money they have saved in me not buying convention wifi ($80/day), not buying WD40 for the orchestral chairs (~$100), not hiring someone to remove the vuvuzela player (?), and having me camp out at MacDill Air Force Base instead of a convention hotel (~$1000; lets face it an Air Force Base is like a convention hotel for us humble Army folks) we are passing the cost savings on to you:

You can be sure I won't be that cheap in Milwaukee.

Your ALPB issue tent is in the mail. Pray for cool, dry weather. I also have some MREs if you're interested.

Keith Falk

Quote from: prsauer on July 22, 2019, 03:57:18 PM
Nominations added:

Fred Baue for CHI 83%
Patrica ? for CTCR Lay - 76
Thomas Zachman - CU Texas  (united list #1) - 85
Robert Ziegler - CU Nebraska - 83
Susan Hewitt - Commissioned CSL Regents - 76
Gordon Tresh - CTCR ? - 77
Robert Weinkauf - LCMS Foundation (united list #2) - 85
Michael Dorn - CTCR Ordained - 79
Jeff Khloa - CSL Regents Ordained - 72 (higher than I thought given the attacks that he was receiving while provost of CSL - I guess given the supermajority possessed by the united list there really isn't much threat having him on there)
Ted Lams - CTS-FW - Commissioned (united list #3) - 83
Brett Bortnem - CSL Regents - Commissioned - 72

Nominations are done and we are 10 minutes to plus side.

Michael Dorn?!?!? The LCMS has ordained WORF?!?!?!   ;D ;D ;D
Rev. Keith Falk, STS

Dan Fienen

Quote from: Keith Falk on July 22, 2019, 06:48:27 PM
Nominations added:

Fred Baue for CHI 83%
Jeff Khloa - CSL Regents Ordained - 72 (higher than I thought given the attacks that he was receiving while provost of CSL - I guess given the supermajority possessed by the united list there really isn't much threat having him on there)

I always new that some of us in the LCMS were tough.
Pr. Daniel Fienen
LCMS

prsauer

Quote from: Keith Falk on July 22, 2019, 06:48:27 PM
Nominations added:

Fred Baue for CHI 83%

The things you see at conventions...

Kevin Vogts

From Google maps it does look to be three hours by train from Taoyuan International Airport to Chiayi City where the offices are located.  That has to be weighed against what are reportedly significant, ongoing cost savings.  And the fact that there is what appears to be high quality, frequent train service mitigates issues with someone having to go pick up or take people to the airport and return. 

You could make the same point about the International Center being located in Kirkwood.  Having traversed across St. Louis a time or two from there to the airport, it can take that long depending on traffic, construction, etc. for someone from the International Center to make a round trip out to the airport, which is often the case since there is no convenient public transport.  Whereas the ELCA headquarters is practically on the tarmac at O'Hare.
Rev. Kevin Vogts, Pastor
Trinity Lutheran Church
Paola, Kansas
www.trinitylcms.org

D. Engebretson

Quote from: prsauer on July 22, 2019, 03:42:46 PM
Quote from: Pr. Luke Zimmerman on July 22, 2019, 03:05:36 PM
I know there are a few District Secretaries who are active on the Forum, some of us who have navigated through the tangled web of making wide changes to District Bylaws. It must be ten times worse dealing with the Byzantine complexity of Synod Constitution and Bylaws. Good to see that Committee 9 got some of its resolutions through. I hope that the constitutional amendments will receive ratification, bringing the process to successful completion.

As a former District Secretary myself - I concur. This stuff can be brutal. John is doing well.

As a current District Secretary I also concur.  He amazes me.  I'm sure he's memorized the handbook with all of the detailed numbers and letters besides!
Pastor Don Engebretson
St. Peter Lutheran Church of Polar (Antigo) WI

Richard Johnson

Quote from: prsauer on July 22, 2019, 05:51:20 PM

Your ALPB issue tent is in the mail. Pray for cool, dry weather. I also have some MREs if you're interested.

How do you hammer tent pegs into the floor of a hotel room?  :o
The Rev. Richard O. Johnson, STS

Dan Fienen

Perhaps also the current uncertainties with Mainland China, and the poor track record Red China has with allowing religion to be independent it may not be all bad to move our headquarters further from their control.
Pr. Daniel Fienen
LCMS

Steve Ames

Rev. Richard Johnson  -- Reply #27: "You can be sure I won't be that cheap in Milwaukee."

Do you get double the expense budget if you fit in an interview with WELS President Schroeder at the WELS synod offices in Waukesha about the then completed WELS synod convention?  Then LCMS Synod President Kieschnick fit in a meeting with then WELS Synod President Gurgel when the LCMS synod convention was in Milwaukee.  I don't know if the LCMS gave him any extra spending money for that synod convention.
John 6
28Then they asked him, "What must we do to do the works God requires?"
29Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent."

prsauer

Quote from: Richard Johnson on July 22, 2019, 08:13:25 PM
Quote from: prsauer on July 22, 2019, 05:51:20 PM

How do you hammer tent pegs into the floor of a hotel room?  :o

That is more of an Air Force question

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk