Mobbing: Organized Spiritual Abuse in the LCMS

Started by Matt Staneck, January 09, 2019, 09:05:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Benke

Quote from: RDPreus on December 11, 2019, 04:05:24 PM
Quote from: Dave Benke on December 11, 2019, 03:08:08 PM
I'm thinking there must be a Matthew Paul Preus in that large clan.  True or false?

Dave Benke

Sorry, no Matthew Preus.  My daughter Mary has a son named Matthew Robert Gottwalt.  My son Paul has a son named Anders Paul Preus and my son Mark has a son named Paul David Preus.  So, counting middle names, we have two grandsons with the name Paul and one with the name Matthew, but no Matthew Paul.

Thanks for asking!  :)

Well, I'm a fan of the Scandinavian first names - we have a pitcher on our ball club whose first name is Noah and last name highly Scandinavian, but he's known as Thor.  Which is better. 
However, I wouldn't go with a Scandinavian first name followed by Gottwalt.  Not a good blend.  Although Thor Gottwalt would be a very strong name, wouldn't it?  Or Woden Gottwalt.  Both would have days of the week named after them, too.

My nephew married a woman who has Greek heritage to go with his totally Teutonic background.  First son - Otto.  Second son - Spiro. 

Dave Benke
It's OK to Pray

RDPreus

Quote from: Dave Benke on December 11, 2019, 06:13:31 PM
I'm thinking there must be a Matthew Paul Preus in that large clan.  True or false?

Dave Benke

Sorry, no Matthew Preus.  My daughter Mary has a son named Matthew Robert Gottwalt.  My son Paul has a son named Anders Paul Preus and my son Mark has a son named Paul David Preus.  So, counting middle names, we have two grandsons with the name Paul and one with the name Matthew, but no Matthew Paul.

Well, I'm a fan of the Scandinavian first names - we have a pitcher on our ball club whose first name is Noah and last name highly Scandinavian, but he's known as Thor.  Which is better. 
However, I wouldn't go with a Scandinavian first name followed by Gottwalt.  Not a good blend.  Although Thor Gottwalt would be a very strong name, wouldn't it?  Or Woden Gottwalt.  Both would have days of the week named after them, too.

My nephew married a woman who has Greek heritage to go with his totally Teutonic background.  First son - Otto.  Second son - Spiro. 

Dave Benke

We have several Scandinavian first names among our grandchildren: Hans, Rolf, Lena, Severin, Christian, Søren, Idella, Solveig, Leif, Louisa, Kristiana, Anders, Kristin, and Lars. 

RDPreus

I've been encouraging the names Sven and Ole, but the daughters in law are resisting for some inexplicable reason.

Rev. Edward Engelbrecht

Now, to keep things clear between us, please note the following:

Since publishing my article on mobbing, I have learned about a civil suit that the LCMS lost. The case demonstrates mobbing practices I have described. The winner of that suit is free to testify about it. (You know the one I mean; if unsure, ask David.)

If you do not stop all mobbing activity against me and my family, I will release information about the suit to the press, connecting the dots between my testimony and public records documenting indefensible actions. I will let you ponder the outcomes that would follow with members of the synod and the public so broadly informed.

I recommend that you get a hold of Ron and Brian. Tell them to cease and desist. Keep your operatives and recruits away from Emmanuel and from my family.

I have borne with you patiently for years. It's time to leave us alone. If you get angry again and sharpen your knives, know that I will not fail to respond publicly. The general editor of The Lutheran Study Bible remains unbroken.

Dave Benke

Quote from: RDPreus on December 11, 2019, 06:22:21 PM
Quote from: Dave Benke on December 11, 2019, 06:13:31 PM

Dave Benke

Dave Benke

We have several Scandinavian first names among our grandchildren: Hans, Rolf, Lena, Severin, Christian, Søren, Idella, Solveig, Leif, Louisa, Kristiana, Anders, Kristin, and Lars.

My first baptism in New York was a beautiful baby born to a Norwegian mom and German dad.  Her name was Signe - "new victory."  Interestingly, they had three children in the maelstrom that was mid-70s East New York Brooklyn and ended up moving to a little island known for fishing off the upper west coast of Norway.  Better, I think, by far for the family.  Solveig, Soren, Severin - all tier one names in my book.  Like Signe.

Dave Benke
It's OK to Pray

peter_speckhard

Quote from: Rev. Edward Engelbrecht on December 12, 2019, 10:25:22 PM
Now, to keep things clear between us, please note the following:

Since publishing my article on mobbing, I have learned about a civil suit that the LCMS lost. The case demonstrates mobbing practices I have described. The winner of that suit is free to testify about it. (You know the one I mean; if unsure, ask David.)

If you do not stop all mobbing activity against me and my family, I will release information about the suit to the press, connecting the dots between my testimony and public records documenting indefensible actions. I will let you ponder the outcomes that would follow with members of the synod and the public so broadly informed.

I recommend that you get a hold of Ron and Brian. Tell them to cease and desist. Keep your operatives and recruits away from Emmanuel and from my family.

I have borne with you patiently for years. It's time to leave us alone. If you get angry again and sharpen your knives, know that I will not fail to respond publicly. The general editor of The Lutheran Study Bible remains unbroken.
This might not be that kind of forum. Please use the private message feature if you want to address an individual, or, if you want to address him or her publicly, let the rest of us in on what you're talking about.

Charles Austin

Iowa-born. Long-time in NY/New Jersey, former LWF staff in Geneva.
ELCA PASTOR, ordained 1967. Former journalist. Retired in Minneapolis. Often critical of the ELCA, but more often a defender of its mission. Ignoring the not-so-subtle rude insults which often appear here.

peter_speckhard

Quote from: Charles Austin on December 13, 2019, 12:35:52 AM
No. It is more fascinating this way.
Yes, disregarding the 8th does tend to fascinate a certain kind of mind, one that prefers vague innuendo that lets the imagination wander.

Charles Austin

Well, Peter, you and some others here seem to be fascinated and enjoy what you perceive to be train wrecks of "liberalism" in the ELCA.
Since the earliest days of that "Lutheran News," publication, I have been sometimes enthralled and entertained by the ways you in Mother Missouri find to throw knives at one another.
Iowa-born. Long-time in NY/New Jersey, former LWF staff in Geneva.
ELCA PASTOR, ordained 1967. Former journalist. Retired in Minneapolis. Often critical of the ELCA, but more often a defender of its mission. Ignoring the not-so-subtle rude insults which often appear here.

peter_speckhard

Quote from: Charles Austin on December 13, 2019, 03:31:20 AM
Well, Peter, you and some others here seem to be fascinated and enjoy what you perceive to be train wrecks of "liberalism" in the ELCA.
Since the earliest days of that "Lutheran News," publication, I have been sometimes enthralled and entertained by the ways you in Mother Missouri find to throw knives at one another.
You've hardly made a secret of that. My point here is simply that Ed should either allow the board in on the conversation or take it elsewhere. As it is, posts on this forum amount to something cryptic that will only gain relevance as footnotes in some future generation's thesis/book about church conflict.   

Norman Teigen

I haver come across a reference to Edward Engelbrecht in the context of Martin Luther and the development of law history.This has come from my study of Luther's Catechisms at my local church, Normandale Lutheran of Edina MN. The study of the progress of German law history includes a significant chapter on Luther and the Reformation. I welcome reading suggestions on the topic.
Norman Teigen

Mark Brown

Peter, if there are supposedly public records on this, the records from a civil suit that the LCMS lost supposedly, that changes things.  It moves from an 8th commandment issue to just public fact.  Would those records be part of the mysterious material that we were told by the editors they researched?  If they are, could they point us at them now?

Steven W Bohler

Quote from: Mark Brown on December 13, 2019, 03:24:33 PM
Peter, if there are supposedly public records on this, the records from a civil suit that the LCMS lost supposedly, that changes things.  It moves from an 8th commandment issue to just public fact.  Would those records be part of the mysterious material that we were told by the editors they researched?  If they are, could they point us at them now?

How would anyone know what public records to look for, regarding what civil suit, involving the LCMS in what way, with participants with the rather ordinary/common first names mentioned?

Mark Brown

Quote from: Steven W Bohler on December 13, 2019, 07:36:13 PM

How would anyone know what public records to look for, regarding what civil suit, involving the LCMS in what way, with participants with the rather ordinary/common first names mentioned?

Well, I'd imagine a MO court, LCMS defendant, and a judgement issued against. Not a lawyer, but I have to imagine that would get you a good start if you had access to the specific database. Probably in last 10 years.

Steven W Bohler

Quote from: Mark Brown on December 13, 2019, 10:04:10 PM
Quote from: Steven W Bohler on December 13, 2019, 07:36:13 PM

Well, I'd imagine a MO court, LCMS defendant, and a judgement issued against. Not a lawyer, but I have to imagine that would get you a good start if you had access to the specific database. Probably in last 10 years.

Do you have time to do that?  Especially at this time of year?  If Rev. Engelbrecht wants to use this forum for his personal purposes, then I would say it is up to him to fill in the blanks for the rest of its readers.  Or, as Rev. Speckhard wrote, to use the private message option here, or just not drag the rest of us into it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk