Get-together in St. Louis

Started by peter_speckhard, June 18, 2013, 06:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peter_speckhard

Okay, I'm all good to go for the convention. I'm starting this thread to find out who is going to be there and, over the next few weeks, to establish a definitive alpb meeting time and place so we can all put names (or pseudonyms) to faces, settle old scores via fisticuffs instead of emoticons, possibly have some beverages of some kind, and so forth. Who is with me?

Daniel L. Gard

I hope to be there but it does not look positive. Remember, I am just a sem prof................with children.

LutherMan

Daniel L. Gard

Quote from: LutherMan on June 18, 2013, 06:41:00 PM
And a Rear Admiral...

Not until October 1, Luther Man. But the Senate did confirm me on June 6.

Tim Schenks

I had planned on being there (circuit lay delegate only three hours from St. Louis) but am not going after all.

Don Whitbeck

Quote from: Daniel L. Gard on June 18, 2013, 06:56:07 PM
Quote from: LutherMan on June 18, 2013, 06:41:00 PM
And a Rear Admiral...

Not until October 1, Luther Man. But the Senate did confirm me on June 6.

Congrats on your promotion!

:)

The Voice of God will NEVER Contradict the Word of God

peter_speckhard

Quote from: Tim Schenks on June 18, 2013, 07:31:18 PM
I had planned on being there (circuit lay delegate only three hours from St. Louis) but am not going after all.
What happened?

FrPeters

I will be there.  Let me know the plan.
Fr Larry Peters
Grace LCMS, Clarksville, TN
http://www.pastoralmeanderings.blogspot.com/

Mike Gehlhausen

I'd love to be there, but I won't.

I'm glad that an ALPB get-together is being planned.  Who knows? Perhaps a virtual online Koinonia Project group might be spawned from it.   ;)

Mike

Pr. Luke Zimmerman

I'm on delegate duty in St. Louis.

Let me know when and where any sort of get-together is happening.
Pr. Luke Zimmerman
Calvary Evangelical Lutheran Church -- Mechanicsburg, PA

pr dtp

Quote from: Pr. Luke Zimmerman on June 19, 2013, 12:00:23 PM
I'm on delegate duty in St. Louis.

Let me know when and where any sort of get-together is happening.

Will be good to see you again Luke!

Tim Schenks

Quote from: peter_speckhard on June 18, 2013, 11:38:03 PM
What happened?

I resigned back in April.  Also looking for another congregation but there aren't a lot of Lutheran churches in Methobapticostal Land.

Mike Gehlhausen

Quote from: Tim Schenks on June 20, 2013, 09:38:52 AM
Quote from: peter_speckhard on June 18, 2013, 11:38:03 PM
What happened?

I resigned back in April.  Also looking for another congregation but there aren't a lot of Lutheran churches in Methobapticostal Land.

It sounds like you are leaving your congregation.  I feel for you and will keep you in my prayers.

Was there a major change in congregational teaching or practice?

Or was it something different like a personality conflict?

I don't want details.  I am just sorry to hear this happen to someone I have come to know and respect online.

Mike

Charles Henrickson

I plan to be at the convention. I'm just an alternate delegate this time, but I live only about 20 minutes from the convention center, so I hope to be there quite a bit, to see what's going on and to meet a lot of familiar faces--and some new ones, too.
Charles Henrickson
Pastor, St. Matthew Lutheran Church (LCMS), Bonne Terre, Missouri: stmatthewbt.org

Jim Butler

"Pastor Butler... [is] deaf to the cries of people like me, dismissing our concerns as Satanic scenarios, denouncing our faith and our very existence."--Charles Austin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk