George Erdner hits the bigtime.

Started by racin_jason, July 24, 2011, 01:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

racin_jason

It isn't often that ALPB contributors rise above obscurity, so when it does happen, it's cause for celebration.

George Erdner can play guitar, discuss Lutheran theology and ELCA politics, and he's also an actor.

Here's our very own George in a commercial for Stride 2.0 gum. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9HYgp8NQio

It airs on the Cartoon Network.
Recipient of the official Forum Online Get Us Back on Topic Award

David Garner

That.  Was.  Awesome.

If I had a thick enough beard, I'd absolutely rock it like that every day.  Stripes and all.

Well done, Mr. Erdner!
Orthodox Reader and former Lutheran (LCMS and WELS).

PTMcCain

George posted this video in another thread and I asked him how long it took to shoot that fifteen second commercial. Get this, eight hours, and that's not counting the pre-and post-production work. It's amazing how complex doing even fifteen seconds of professional video is.

Kudos to George.

Darrell Wacker

Weedon

I LOVE IT!  Way to go, George!  And you're right - the gum is definitely good too.

PTMcCain

LutherMan

My mouth is full of porcelain, can't chew gum...

Rev. Kevin Scheuller

Yeah - congratulations, George.  Even though we see you for a wee bit of time.  The fast pacing of the commercial is the point of the commercial.  Well done!

TravisW

Coach-Rev

And I can say I know him!  (or at least the cyber-him since we've not met in person...)  :D

George Erdner

On the one hand, I relish the kind words and attention. On the other hand, I'm a little embarrassed about being lauded for such a meager accomplishment. Only a little bit, though. Today, I'm working in a short film about children interacting with an old man. Tomorrow, I'm auditioning for a commercial in which I play an old, Russian grandfather.

I've been out of work for a year and a half now. If it turns out that God is leading me back to a vocation that I abandoned 25 years ago, that would be another example of Him working in a mysterious way. I'm not complaining, I'm just surprised.

peterm

I'm thinkin' maybe we could put together something like the ESPY's for George's work and toast him with some Yeungling  8)
Rev. Peter Morlock- ELCA pastor serving two congregations in WIS

George Erdner

Quote from: peterm on July 25, 2011, 09:09:26 AM
I'm thinkin' maybe we could put together something like the ESPY's for George's work and toast him with some Yeungling  8)

Forget the awards. Let's just go straight to the Yeungling!

peterm

works for me...it's a little tough to find in the Twin Cities but I'll dig.  BTW saw the commercial before I saw the thread; could tell my kids that I "know" you but they probably wouldn't buy it
Rev. Peter Morlock- ELCA pastor serving two congregations in WIS

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk